International Sports Consulting Internship
This is an exciting opportunity to join a London sports agency that works with rights holders and brands within sport, and represents football players, rugby players, Olympians and Paralympians.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who is enthusiastic about a career in sports and/or sponsorship. The successful candidate will be available to start immediately. The internship will be from 1 to 6 months dependent on success.
You will be working with the Commercial Manager, assisting her in the sponsorship side of the business.
As an intern, you will be setting up initial meetings and calls with brands specifically related to the sporting properties we work with to assist in the sourcing of potential sponsors. This will involve sourcing leads through industry knowledge, reading trade press and accompanying her to expos. Reaching out to these brands will often be done cold, through email, LinkedIn or phone, and training will be provided on the best ways to engage with the brands through a targeted and personal approach. As a result, the intern will broaden their network within the sporting industry and develop strong communication skills. The intern will shadow meetings and phone calls with brands to gain an understanding of the full sponsorship sales cycle.
There are a number of attributes which you will need to demonstrate during the selection process:
- A good understanding of sponsorship
- Have a strong desire to work in sponsorship and/or sales
- Good knowledge of the sports that our clients operate in
- An awareness of social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
Successful candidates will:
- Be available to start immediately
- Preferably have recently graduated, or recently finished work as an intern
- Be living in London (preferably NW London) currently
- Have the right to work in the UK (if you are shortlisted you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work).
When applying for the role, please take the time to research our clients and understand which brands you would be approaching based on the sport and core demographic.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com. In your cover letter please tell us why you are suitable for the role, keeping in mind the skills and attributes listed above.